Wednesday 11 December 2013

David Beckham can't keep up with Romeo



David Beckham can't keep up with his son Romeo.
The retired soccer star admits his 11-year-old son is fast becoming more athletic than him and has inherited his competitive spirit.
The sporty youngster was told by his famous father to set his alarm for 6am to prepare for a three-mile run around London, and much to his surprise, Romeo was raring to go at the crack of dawn.
Speaking to an audience of Times newspaper readers, David explained: "At 6am on the dot, I felt a tug on my arm and I heard, 'Daddy it's time to get up.' He's one of those annoying runners who always want to be one step in front of you.
"We ran three and a half miles and the third mile was the quickest of them all."
The 38-year-old star admitted he finds it hard to participate in amicable soccer games with his children - Romeo, Brooklyn, 14, Cruz, eight, and two-year-old Harper - because it revives the competitive spirit in him from his recently ended playing days.
David said: "I just like to win, even if it's playing in the garden with my kids. I take it easy on them to a certain point, but they have got to learn to win.
"They do actually win most of the time, certainly when there are three of them against me."
The handsome Brit and his fashion designer wife Victoria think it's important to push their children to help them pursue their dreams, which for their eldest son Brooklyn means following in his father's footsteps as a professional soccer player.
The teenager has had trials with Queens Park Rangers and Manchester United and is determined to make it as a professional like his dad.
David added: "I was lucky. My dad pushed me and pushed me, but he gave me a lot of support. Some kids don't react well to that, but I was one of the lucky ones. He'd put an arm round me when it was needed."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

@LoosesLips

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews