Friday 13 December 2013

Amy Poehler is 'terrified' of social media

Amy Poehler is 'terrified' of social media because she always gets her feelings hurt.
The 'Parks and Recreation' star refuses to join Twitter or Instagram because reading negative things about herself online always hurts her feelings.
The 42-year-old actress, who is set to host the Golden Globe Awards with her friend, Tina Fey, in Los Angeles for the second time on January 12, told Paper magazine: "I'm not a real social media person. I'm not on Twitter.
"I try not to read too much online because I always get my feelings hurt, even if someone's flattering you.
"Like, somebody tweeting, 'Call me crazy, but I think Amy Poehler's attractive.' And you're like, 'Okay? Thank you?' Or like someone writing, 'I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that I'd have sex with Amy Poehler.' "
She added: "The amount of Instagram selfies seems crazy out-of-control. The idea of, 'This is my face and everyone needs to see it all the time,' is so far from the privacy that people used to seek. Now everyone acts the way '80s performance artists used to act."
The blonde comedian, who has two sons, Archie, five, and Abel, three, with her ex-husband, Will Arnett, also hates having her photograph taken when she is relaxing.
Recalling her youth, she said: "You'd go to a party or a punk rock show and you'd have fun, and you'd bring a camera, and you'd take pictures, and those pictures would stay inside the camera. Pictures were an addition to the experience. Now the picture is the experience. If I'm hanging out with a friend, and they take a picture of me, it's like 'Ugh.' I mean, I hate looking at pictures of myself. It immediately takes me out of the experience."
Amy also confessed she is "terrified" about how social media could affect her children.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

@LoosesLips

Popular Posts

Total Pageviews